Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Scripts and Rehearsals


Like all other plays, the play that we're doing will need scripts and good practice. Our first few assignments were to simplify the original text from Shakespeare's works, basically we had to translate old english to modern english. I had almost no problem in translating the script, or should I say modernizing it, I even managed to help my fellow classmates in doing theirs. And I joined drama class late since I was in music class before but that didn't stop me, I adjusted almost instantly. What can I say, when reading lots of Tolkien an

d Shakespeare works, you really get a knack for speaking their language. So Shakespeare's style of english is quite metaphorical as it is poetic and it often has double meanings, but that of course is the beauty of his work. I suppose you should get accustomed to Shakespearean to learn the direction of the play. And the class did very well, we were even ahead of other classes and we immediately began rehearsing.

As you can see on the first picture, our very small class (yes the class only contains around 11 people) is discussing what to do next. We never really had a problem listening to each other, and seem to have no problem working together. We have our moments of laughter but afterwards we can get serious and actually work. Usually we discuss about what to do, or just emphasizing on the play.





So this is one of the pictures
of me and my classmate(s) rehearsing one of our scenes. Not very hard for us, me and my friend here have worked together on many occasions so we had no difficulty in portraying our roles.















No comments:

Post a Comment