If I could change the story, I would probably add more female roles to add tension. And it would be fun to extend it or connect it with “Anthony and Cleopatra”. Anyway, I wouldn’t change the story that much, as a fellow writer myself Shakespeare’s works truly are a masterpiece, but unlike common forms of heroism that we normally read into this is tragic heroism. So if I could change the ending, I would probably prevent Brutus from dying, so then the triumvirate will make peace with him because he simply did what he think was right. And that he was tricked into killing Caesar for inane purposes. If I could add a last scene, it’s where all of them attended Caesar’s grave and said their final goodbyes, it may sound a bit poetic but, it is a work of Shakespeare, with my own flair to it.
Julius Caesar manages to portray heroism, because unlike most of the other characters Caesar does not desire wealth or power, basically speaking he is not power-hungry or overly ambitious. He is also seen as a hero because the pleibians (the people) seem to love him and adore him, what makes it even more touching is when Antonius read his will. Caesar;s possession belonged to every roman citizen, 75 drachmas and an orchard and public gardens, even after he passed on, he still wanted the things he had to take care of his people, that is also a good trait of heroism, selflessness. So reflecting on all of that, Caesar managed to display humility, selflessness and compassion, but he has his fair share of flaws. He is somewhat arrogant and brash in making decisions. But all in all, he can be a good hero and a good role model. Plus I respect his quote “vene vidi vici” in English “I came, I saw, I conquered”, If we can interpret it correctly the quote can also mean we can conquer our mistakes our problems in the long run.
If I had a chance to Portray one of the characters I would choose my real role as Servillius Casca. Not only does he have a pivotal role in the beginning of the play, his nature is somewhat unpredictable which is like an extension of myself. He also respects deal and deals with honor in my opinion, even if the deeds that was done were dark indeed. Basically his personality and character suits me, so if I had to choose, I would most likely choose Casca.
No comments:
Post a Comment